Washington State Residency, Graduate & Professional Student

Since autumn 2012, graduate students have no longer been eligible to receive a waiver of the non-resident tuition on an individual basis. This does not affect the non-resident waivers given to any student who holds a GSSA appointment or has a grant/fellowship that is paid through the University system (regardless of original source).

The Graduate School does have a small number of non-resident waivers that it can make available to students who receive funding from outside sources and are paid directly through those sources.  Contact the PhD Program Assistant Director as soon as you are considering applying for such funding.